Home Politics I Have No Plans To Contest The 2023 Presidential Election – Jonathan

I Have No Plans To Contest The 2023 Presidential Election – Jonathan

74
0

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has denied reports linking him to the 2023 presidential election.

This follows an earlier viral report claiming that he was under pressure to contest the 2023 presidential election.

Jonathan said he was focused on promoting peace and sustainable democracy across the African continent and that he was not under pressure to contest for any elective office.

In a statement by his Media Aide, Ikechukwu Eze, the former Nigerian leader said:

“There was nothing like that. The former President has not made any comments nor spoken to anyone on the coming elections.

“He is busy concentrating on his foundation, The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation (GJF), and its work of promoting peace, sustainable democracy and youth empowerment in Africa.

“If you check online, you will discover that a story with similar headline had been published in the past by few shady online sources.

“The last time this same story circulated online was before the 2019 Presidential elections. It has now come up again.

ALSO READ:  APC's David Lyon Returns To Supreme Court On Tuesday To Reclaim His Mandate

“The good thing is that Nigerians already know this to be fake. That is why Nigerian newspapers and serious online news media will not publish such falsehood.”